5th Week: Marching Orders Prayer of the Week (pray this prayer each day this week) Almighty God, You alone are God… and we are not. When we try and do things under our own power and according to our … Continue reading
This May/June EVERYONE at the Waretown United Methodist Church is invited to:
- Hear the GOOD NEWS… that JESUS saves us! And SENDS us to reach others
- Place ourselves in GOD’S story and MISSION and decide how to WORK our FAITH
- Take daily ACTION to help build God’s KINGDOM wherever we go
In this five-week faith discussion and discovery theme which includes a Sunday Worship Theme and Weekly Prayers and Take-Home Actions we will:
- Expand our understanding of what the CHURCH really is and what God plans for it
- Experience the excitement of making a difference in the world with our faithfulness
- Weekly practice of Christian faith, hope, and love in such a way that we meet new people, discover new opportunities, and partner with God on new daily adventures.
5/22/2016: Send Me!?! John 20:21-22
God doesn’t just call us inward to relationship with God… God sends us outward to work and build faith, hope, and love together
5/29/2016: Not From Around Here John 3:3-5
When the world sees Christians they should notice immediately that we are different… our home with God determines the values we live by
6/5/2016: Mission Outpost Ephesians 4:11-12
Church is NOT a fortress! It is a mobile cavalry full of courageous adventurers reaching the corners of the world with the Good News of Jesus.
6/12/2016: Out of This World 1 John 2:15-17
Too much ‘world’ is like too much wine… it makes us sleepy, sloppy, and prone to addiction. Live responsibly! Choose Jesus.
6/19/2016: Marching Orders 1 Corinthians 2:1-5
You may think you aren’t ready to do something great for God. Not so! All it takes is a willingness and a first step… God will take care of the rest.
Weekly prayers, reflection questions, and action steps will be included each week via bulletin insert, blog, and Facebook posts