We who are Waretown/Barnegat Anew are so thankful that we have a pastor on staff who is trained, committed, and passionate about emergency services and preparedness. In light of the imminent landfall of Hurricane Irene, we are sharing with you an important letter from Pastor Derrick:
I hope this note finds you well. The leaders of Waretown/Barnegat ANEW prayerfully met on Thursday evening and discussed the pending arrival of Hurricane Irene. The following is the outcome of our meeting. Please take the time now to read this entire list:
1. We care about you and your family and want to make sure everyone is safe!
2. The New Jersey coast is going to be affected by Hurricane Irene
3. Listen to the authorities, stay safe, if you are asked to evacuate-EVACUATE!
4. If you need help preparing your home for the disaster- please call 609.693.3134 (the church office) and we will try to help you prepare
5. Are you evacuating or planning on evacuating? If so where to and how can we get a hold of you? Please call 609.693.3134 (the church office) or reply to this email so that we might be able to account for all of our members and friends.
6. If you have an emergency call 911
7. If you need non-emergency help after the storm please call 609.693.3134 (the church office)
8. All worship celebrations on Sunday, August 28th are postponed to Sunday, September 4th
9. On Saturday, August 27th at 9 am we will have a prayer and preparedness worship time in our sanctuary-everyone is welcome to attend
Please be safe this weekend, use your common sense, and let’s bath this entire storm and all involved in prayer. I think of the Psalm 121 during times such as this:
I lift up my eyes to the mountains where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Thank you all for your continued ministry.
Peace and God bless