“A leader is one who KNOWS the way, GOES the way, and SHOWS the way” –Pastor John C. Maxwell
Courageous and inspired leadership is essential to the success of any mission. Here at the Waretown UMC our mission is to:
Engage people for a Jesus-lifestyle; loving God, loving neighbor, and serving our community with faith, hope and love.
Without mature, committed, consistent, Jesus-following leadership, a church can face the most tragic of conditions: ‘dying on the vine’. We know what dying on the vine means. It’s what happens when a beautiful and bountiful fruit is left unharvested until it withers and dies. Paul writes in his letter to the Ephesians: “and Christ gave apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds and teachers to equip the saints for the ministry and build up the Body of Christ, the church.” We need constant building!
This past year, we who are the Waretown United Methodist Church have been growing some pretty impressive fruit:
- Our worship attendance has increased by 15%
- Our Youth Group started a brand new mission trip
- Our Kid’s in Mission group expanded an additional class
- Our band added a number of new musicians and vocalists
- Our Discipleship Groups (Bible Studies and Discussion Groups have increased in number, size, and frequency of meetings.
- Our Confirmation Class graduated 8 youth into Professions of Faith
- We’ve started a new and thriving children’s choir (Super Singing Signers) that incorporates sign language
- Our ASL team, class, and choir are all growing
- Our Deaf Community has doubled in size
And so, with so much beautiful and bountiful fruit… we need MORE committed leaders to help us build! Even though we will be commissioning a dozen or so leaders for our lead teams, and children/youth ministries, there is much more to do for the Waretown UMC to continue to succeed in our mission.
This year we will be organizing regular leadership development sessions where we can equip gifted and faithful people in our congregation to take that next step into committed and consistent leadership.
Prayerfully consider how you might use your gifts, talents, and time not only to ‘help out’ but LEAD in planting, supporting, and harvesting the beautiful and bountiful mission and ministry fruits God has blessed the Waretown UMC to bear!